Monday, June 3, 2013

Beat The Heat: Maintaining an Oil Free Face

When the summer months roll around, cue the oily skin. The hot sun causes everyone to sweat a little more and makeup to slide. However, luckily, there are plenty of products out there that help alleviate this burden.
1. Primer
Primer is essential for keeping your makeup looking flawless all day long, regardless of the heat. Depending on your skin type, eyeshadow primer is negotiable. My favorite eyeshadow primers is the NARS eyeshadow base but I just ran out so I am back to using my trusty Urban Decay primer potion. In addition, I find using a primer on your face is essential. I love the Smashbox PhotoFinish light because it does not feel greasy on the skin and reduces shine. Primers are a must have for summer!

2. Foundation
During the summer, I like to wear an extremely lightweight foundation. Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation is just that. It has light coverage but better yet, it doesn't feel like you have anything on your skin. To accompany the foundation, I love the Nearly Naked powder in fair. It is finely milled and provides a little more coverage while helping mattify the face. 

3. Cream Blush
Cream blush helps the skin look more natural. I love the appearance of a naturally flushed face and cream blush helps achieve that very look. The NYX cream blushes stay on the skin all day and are great for summer!

4. Lip balm
The trick to beating summer is moisturization! When many people have oily skin, they forget that their skin is actually dehydrated. Therefore, lotion and lip balm should be your best friend. This EOS lip balm reminds me of summer due to the fruity scent and bright orange color!

xx,
Amanda







No comments:

Post a Comment